Terms and conditions of use for the website www.safecampuscommunities.ac.uk
- The Safe Campus Communities website is administrated by Universities UK on behalf of the higher education sector.
- By viewing the website the user is deemed to consent to all terms and conditions set out below. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions, you should contact Universities UK, Woburn House, 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HQ via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Universities UK reserves the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms. By browsing the website you accept that you are bound by the current terms and conditions and notices and we therefore recommend that you check these each time you revisit the site.
- All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on this website is either owned by Universities UK or has been licensed to Universities UK by the rights owners. The website contains trademarks, including the Universities UK name, which belong to Universities UK or have been licensed to Universities UK by the trademark owner for use on the website. Use of these trademarks is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained from the owner of the trademark.
- The user may access any part of the site and download or copy material for personal non-commercial use only. The copyright in such material shall be retained by Universities UK or, where the material has been licensed to Universities UK, by the rights owners of the material.
- You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this website. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Safe Campus Communities webpages must load into the user's entire window. Please note that Universities UK reserves the right to move pages or change the address without prior notice.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material downloaded or copied from the website.
- Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on the website for any commercial purpose is prohibited.
- You may not create a database by systematically downloading substantial parts of the website.
- The content of the website is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. Universities UK has done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the materials contained on the Safe Campus Communities website but excludes any warranty, express or implied, as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the material contained on the Safe Campus Communities website. Universities UK will not be liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damages or expenses arising from the use or the inability to use the website or from any unauthorised access or alteration to the website. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury directly caused by the negligence of Universities UK.
- Universities UK accepts no responsibility for loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information or advice contained on the Safe Campus Communities website.
- The Safe Campus Communities website includes links to external websites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. Universities UK accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites and specifically excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
- Whilst the Safe Campus Communities website may from time to time contain advertising material, Universities UK does not endorse or accept any liability for any of the products or services so advertised, or for any error or inaccuracy in the advertisements. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website complies with all relevant laws.
- Save as expressly provided, these terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Universities UK.
- Universities UK reserves the right at any time to suspend or terminate your access to or use of the Safe Campus Communities website.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- The failure by Universities UK to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- a. These terms and conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with English law. The courts of England shall (subject as set out in clause 19[b]) have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising therefrom. b. For the exclusive benefit of Universities UK, Universities UK shall retain the right to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of residence of any user of the website.